Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sealer for foundations

Question do I need to seal after I put face foundation on my doll? 

Well I never have because after the make up is applied I do wipe it and keep blending. There is always a lot of blending for me and really I see that as what the individual may be looking for in there doll to look. After I have it blended I let it set, dry. The way I can tell its dry is just by picking it up and feeling the doll it will feel not as moist. Then if I take my finger and swipe where I added the foundation it doesn't come off so easy as when I first apply it. When its at that stage I will bake it and the baking seems to be my sealer.

I have to say I really do love using the face foundations and in the present moment Im practicing and experimenting with two to three different Technics of painting my dolls. My plan is called change with polymer clay and I want a whole new look. Its time after 30 some years I think and I also feel there are unlimited ways of doing so.

Im also experimenting and yes I will always say practice with some sealers and so far its been going well. The one thing Im going for in a look with my dolls is a very natural look not painted. My goal is to have every part of my piece to just have a natural glow and not so much of just the polymer clay look. It's funny how we grow because when I first started with polymer clay I loved just the clay look now it looks like clay to me. My art teacher had told me a long time ago when you see one thing and then something else your expanding with art. Take everything to the next level because if you don't you get stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment