Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Here's a tip that helps me out with sculpting a face

Here's something I do a lot and thought I would share it. When Im sculpting a face and going by a pic. I take a picture of my head in all different angles and then I take the pic Im using as a reference and I cut out the parts and place them on my dolls face. This will show me where Im off. This picture is just an example of when I was making a Marilyn Monroe. Back then I didn't have as good of a camera as I do now. But you get the idea. Use your software when sculpting. At first it felt awkward but now I can't do without.. Thanks to a very good friend who really pushed me to keep trying this Technique. Also by doing this in my software it expanding to where I can take the whole face and break it all down in planes. Take all the pieces and sculpt each one. Then its just putting the puzzle pieces together. I will have a tutorial this year on this Technique



No comments:

Post a Comment