Monday, February 2, 2015

How other people (artist) can play a role in our lives does this fit you?

This could be interesting for many... How other artist play roles in our own lives. 

Someone wrote to me and I really thought this one over whether or not to post it and I decided I would because I think it will hit home with many. She thanked me for sharing all my ways and not holding back on things because someone has said you can't do a certain thing. She stated that she's been making dolls now over 10 years and when she was first learning she was so excited and was sharing everything she was doing and she got hit hard. She found many artist were telling her she couldn't do a lot of things. She listened and went back to her sculpting table and started to do it the way they said and things weren't working out. She shared in groups with other artist that she took there information but she was having problems now what can she do. She was amazed because they pretty much ignored her which that was confusing because they were so helpful in the beginning but now they weren't... She went off to herself and sat at her table and just cried and felt so alone. What did she do to loose interaction with others? She kept visiting the groups and she would reply on something but no one seem to notice her not like before. Now it had become depressing and she stopped sculpting. Her heart felt empty and lost.. She had a lot going on at that time because one of her children was diagnosed with leukemia and the sculpting was giving her a place to take her focus off of her fear for awhile during the days. It had been two years she never touched the clay but she got through the days with her daughter due to a very good friend of hers. One day she was telling her friend how she loved playing with the clay and what happened. Her friend said something to her that clicked. Friend said, the experience was only for her and not to focus on what she felt they did to her. To only focus on what she thought they did only stopped her from doing something that felt good. So, the lady goes home and picks up her clay and has a nice talk with herself. And from that moment on she has been sculpting ever since and she stays to her self and never will join a group again. She, now only has a handful of real close artist friends and they share everything. Her daughter is in remission and she is playing sports and loving school. She said there's not a day that goes by that she is so grateful for her friend being there for her and saying some magical words that brought her back to herself and is sculpting her heart and soul out to the world.

When I read this letter it brought tears because I could relate somewhat of what she was saying. My story didn't play out like hers The way I played it out was all the negativity from others pushed me to only find myself through my art and I didn't give a hoot what others said. If I did then I needed to view myself only and see why it bothered me so much. How did I judge and how could I see that person in a different light. Now after reading this ladies letter to me I have another true artist friend that I can join in with her other artist friends to be totally open and share just a god given talent, art....

If any of you have a story or something you would like to share feel free to state it here. Its an open discussion and something you may say might help someone.. How many people new this lady here her daughter had leukemia. We never know whats behind a closed door and when we are honest and caring we don't need to know the details but we can enter through there door just as far as they can let us in. Why not the choice is ours...

No comments:

Post a Comment